Once you've completed the Bar Code Scanner Setup
, and it is connected to your tablet, you can begin using it to assign barcodes to specific items. To purchase a barcode scanner, call TPG at 866.559.7627.
Follow the easy steps below to assign a “Scan ID” to an Inventory Item in the Back Office.
- Log into Back Office and the add the item to you inventory
- On the tablet, open the Register's Options Menu by clicking three vertically aligned squares icon in the top right corner
- Select Items from the menu list
- Select the desired item from the item list on the left
- Scroll down to and click to edit the Scan ID: text field
- Use barcode scanner to scan the items barcode
- A successful scan will result in the barcode scanner to vibrate and flash a green light through the LED Status Indicator
- After scanning, characters (alpha, numeric and special) will be entered into this field
- Select Save
The selected items Scan ID has now been updated in the back office and barcode scanner can be used to scan this item to a ticket.
* If you are creating your own barcodes do not use twelve (12) digit long barcodes which begin with the number two (2.) Groovv Register uses the UPC-A standards, which could lead to strange behavior with your system. Barcodes which begin with the number two (2) follow a very strict system, which when used incorrectly could lead to the mis-sale of items and for a different price than requested.